Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Well, here's the deal.....

Ok, my name is Corrie and I've always wanted to do a cleanse but just haven't had a desire that was strong enough to go through with it. With my wedding coming up in six and a half weeks I have to admit that weight loss was a bit of a factor here too. When deciding exactly what to do I came across the master cleanse and I've spent the last few days reading everything I can about it. Hearing about what people say comes out in the way of toxins is just astonishing....may sound gross to some but I have to admit that I'm intrigued. For those of you who don't know, this is the cleanse in which you drink a mixture of lemon juice, water, cayenne pepper and maple syrup. At night you have a laxative tea and in the morning you do a salt water flush. All ingredients are organic and there is NO solid food. The minimum time frame is 10 days to rid your body of years of toxins and buildup. The situation is this.......

I've always had a weight issue, I was chubby even at my skinniest. Now that I am getting older the weight isn't coming off...Five days a week I am walking 3.5-4 miles on my lunch hour. I'm busting my ass, I'm going back to work and washing sweat off in the sink.....and I am gaining weight....I did the same thing last summer and saw almost immediate results, I felt great and looked pretty darn good too.....the fact that it's not coming off this year makes me think that my body has to be rebooted in a sense, I need to find that reset button and push it HARD. I am achy all the time, my joints feel sore, and I'm just too tired for a 35 year old ( I think??)

In addition, I have a problem with my hearing. I have been to the emergency room in the last year with vertigo, dehydration, sinisitus, bladder infections that were "off the charts",etc...I have had allergy testing and an ultrasound of my carotid arteries.....what all of these things are caused by is this....I have a "whooshing" in my right ear...it has the pulse of my heart and sounds like a very loud conch shell....the ear, nose, and throat doctor says I have negative pressure in my left ear and that I am very congested...tried nasal sprays, decongestants, something like Dramamine (don't remember what the name was)....and nothing works....I can push in on my neck to make it stop sometimes, other times there is no relief, it gets so loud I can't hear the television and forget about talking on the phone!....In reading a blog about mastercleanse I came across some posts that said that around day 7 tons of mucous comes unclogged....(I'm sorry but if you are looking for a pretty and non-disgusting blog, please go find someone else's because I don't plan on holding anything back).

Lastly, I take Zoloft because without it I am very sad and quite bitchy.....I want to get everything bad out of my system in hopes that I can have a fresh start and maybe not depend on a little pill every morning just so I don't have the urge to punch you all in the face hahaha, I was just checking if you were still reading!!!!

So, here I am....looking to start fresh....with one hell of a guy by my side who loves me enough to do this with me so that I don't have to watch him eat ice cream!! Because of his work schedule Dan will start easing in on Friday and go full blown on Sunday. We are in this together and we made a pact that when we do our laxatives and one of us runs to the bathroom we will not openly laugh at the noises coming out of the bathroom because we're in the same boat!

So, my journey began today.....I am doing 2 days of easing in (today-day 1-ate 20 multigrain crackers and rice pasta. Tomorrow-day 2-will have broth, maybe some raw veggies and juice) and I officially start on Friday.

I am nervous, I have NO willpower and I am out to prove to myself and all of my friends and family that doubt me that I CAN do this....to be honest, the reason that I am doing this blog is to hold myself accountable and sort of guilt trip myself into following through......uggghhhh, I wish I only had to quit smoking again, it seems easier!!

Just to let you all know...I LOVE FOOD....let me repeat I LOVE FOOD.....I can eat a half a supreme pizza and a container of ice cream and still want Doritos....I eat when I am full because it feels good, I eat when I am bored, I eat when I am sick....this is how I know that I eat not because I am hungry, but because I am a whack job  :) !!!

"Here I go again on my own, goin down the only road I've ever known, like a drifter I was born to walk alone, but I've made up my my mind, I ain't wastin no more time, here I go again".......hahahaa just kidding, you 80's kids will get that joke!!

So check in for daily updates!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Madalyn Warren said...

this is so awesome! i was on the phone with my mom the other night for 2 hours, as she was in the middle of a fast and feeling quite cerebral, talking about how not only is it good for her body but that it does clean the mind. funny a week before a friend was visiting that does a fast every so often and she was talking about how great it is and how good she feels, etc and all i could think about was-- i love eatting food too much, but that maybe when im 50 i'll be into fasting. and NOW here you are, far from the first person i would associate fasting with -- im inspired and will be reading... so please no more threats of face punching;)

August 3, 2011 at 7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home